This post is long overdue. If you know me well, you know that my Hydroflask water bottle and I have become one over the past year and a half we’ve been together. In its 40-ounces of glory, it can be found with me at all times. It has become an extension of me, if you will.
Why do I love my Hydroflask, you ask? And how does this relate to my blog (besides the fact that it’s just something I love)? Here are a few things you should know:
- Drinking water is good for you. Duh. It aids in digestion, flushes out toxins, helps brain function, the list goes on. My Hydroflask holds 40 ounces, which keeps me sipping on water throughout the day.
- Not only is it important for everyone to drink the proper amount of water each day, it’s important for COLLEGE STUDENTS to do it too. It’s easy for us to fall into unhealthy habits and neglect our well-being, but drinking water is so simple and easy. Not to mention, it’s free most of the time. Hit up your local drinking fountain.
- If you know anything about Hydroflask as a brand, they take pride in their unique design. Their double-walled bottles keep liquids hot for 6 hours and cold for up to 24 hours. Yes, there’s still ice in my Hydroflask as I write this. I promise it’s not just an internet joke.
STEM Major:I hope your finals go well.
Liberal Arts Major:You too, friend.
Hydroflask Owner:No I mean it you guys. I put ice in this thing 8 years ago and ITS STILL ICE COLD. You HAVE to get one.
— MegHan (@MeghanAnders0n) on Twitter December 11, 2017
- By using a reusable water bottle instead of a plastic one, you’re reducing your waste. Which is the least you could do for this wonderful earth.
- They come in sizes ranging from 12 to 64 ounces, so you can find the right size for you. (Mine is 40 ounces and I absolutely love it. I refill it 4-5 times each day.)
- There’s no heat transfer or condensation on the outside of the bottle, which makes it super easy to slip into my backpack without the fear of ruining everything in my bag.
- It’s perfect for traveling. I sip on it during road trips and take it to the airport to fill up at a drinking fountain once I’m past the security checkpoint. I’ve taken it hiking in the Rockies and exploring New York City. It helps me stay hydrated when staying hydrated is the last thing on my mind.
I also want to clarify that I am in no way sponsored by Hydroflask, but if the opportunity presented itself I would work with/for them in a heartbeat. I absolutely love what their brand stands for (hello, adventure + conservation) and swear by their products.
I’d like to end this post with a little story. In an interview for my summer job, I was asked to talk about a product or service that I liked. It was a phone interview, so I looked around the room and found the perfect thing for me to sell: my Hydroflask. I told the interviewer all the tech specs, like how the double walls keeps my water cold for hours on end. I must have decent sales skills, because I landed the job. So I guess I should give a little credit to the people at Hydroflask for creating a product worthy of mentioning in my interview. Buy a Hydroflask if you don’t have one already, I promise you won’t regret it.