One night this summer, one of my friends texted me and said, “want to make something good for dinner and maybe do some crafts?”. Now let me tell you, if there’s one sure way to my heart, it’s food. This friend DEFINITELY knew how to get me to want to hang out with her. So we made dinner (the crafting never actually happened, but does it ever?) and we decided upon this recipe from Buzzfeed Tasty. I made some tweaks to the original recipe and thought that it was so good that I wanted to share it with you all.
Seriously, I took my first bite and was in love. I will absolutely be making this again in the near future. It can easily be made ahead of time and heated up in the microwave, so it makes a great meal prep option.
Pesto Pasta With Veggies
1 head broccoli
1 8-oz box Banza Rotini
1 can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup pesto
1/4 cup grated parmesan, plus more to top
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt + pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Separate the head of broccoli into smaller, individual florets.
3. Place broccoli on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt, + pepper.
4. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Boil pasta in salted water according to the directions on the box. Drain.
6. Place the pasta back in the pot. Add pesto, broccoli, drained tomatoes, garlic, and parmesan. Mix well.
7. Top with more parmesan as desired.
This recipe takes about 25 minutes to make (as long as you boil the pasta + cook the broccoli at the same time) and makes an awesome quick dinner. I opted for the Banza pasta for a little more protein (it’s made from chickpeas, and each serving has 25 grams of protein), but you can totally substitute regular pasta as well.