Okay, so I really did intend to make Friday Faves a consistent thing, but then life hit me and the next thing I knew I was taking finals and moving out of my dorm and simply being too busy to sit down and write a quality blog post. My apologies. For the second edition of Friday Faves, I want to introduce you to Lake State Kombucha.
I was introduced to Lake State Kombucha on Instagram. Someone I follow had posted a photo with their bottle and after a little more research, I decided to try it myself. (If you don’t know what kombucha is or want more information, I wrote Everything You Need to Know About Kombucha a few months back.) Needless to say, I was impressed. Here’s a few things I love about them:
- Their kombucha is never force-carbonated like a lot of other brands. Thus, they have a smoother taste.
- Each flavor boasts minimal ingredients, which means no added junk.
- They brew and sell their kombucha in my home state of Minnesota. Their bottles are sold in local restaurants and grocery stores. Sorry, non-Minnesota friends. Maybe someday you can be as cool as us.
- The flavors are unique; I’ve never had kombucha that tastes quite like theirs. It might be in part from the lack of carbonation.
- Lake State Kombucha began from one guy’s search for healthier alternatives to energy drinks and passion for living a healthy lifestyle.
- Speaking of energy drinks, Lake State Kombucha has been proven to keep me awake in class, even after a night of barely sleeping.
- I know looks have absolutely nothing to do with the taste or quality, but I absolutely love their simple logo and labeling.
So yeah, if you’re in Minnesota and can, give them a shot. (Check out where to find them here.) I only go back home a few times a year, and since trying Lake State Kombucha I’ve made a point to get it as much as I can when I’m home. They’re the real deal. Seriously.